Crosslight Advice is an independent, community-focused charity working to alleviate poverty caused by problem debt and lack of financial capability.
We have a vision to restore dignity and hope to those in need by reducing debt-poverty and improving financial capability through the provision of free face-to-face advice, money education, and ongoing support. Our heart is to meet people at their point of need and support them through to full restoration, however long that takes.
WHAT WE DO
Advise: We provide a comprehensive debt advice service based on a casework model – advising clients, acting as their advocate, and inter-mediating with creditors on their behalf if necessary.
Equip: We provide education and resources on budgeting and practical day-to-day money management – equipping clients with the tools and knowledge they need to confidently manage their day-to-day finances and live within their means.
Encourage: We provide mentoring support and guidance, as well as informed sign-posting and referrals, to help our clients address the underlying causes of their current difficulties, and get them back on their feet.
At the heart of everything we do are our five core values:
- To help anyone who is willing to proactively work with us to address their situation
- To show unconditional love and compassion to all
- To act without judgement in the best interest of our clients to the best of our ability
- To be open, honest, and fair in all our dealings with clients and creditors alike, and to expect the same in return
- To empower our clients to make their own decisions and act for themselves wherever possible